Last Updated: October 17, 2019
The Online Channels may provide links to other third-party websites and features. Some of these third-party websites may be co-branded with an ImagineTime logo even though they are not owned, controlled, operated or maintained by ImagineTime. ImagineTime does not share your personal information with those websites and is not responsible for their privacy practices. These websites are subject to their respective privacy policies. In some cases, we may provide the Offerings jointly with other businesses. For these co-branded offerings in which a third party is involved in your transactions, we will sometimes share or jointly collect customer data related to those transactions with that third party.
Personal Information We Obtain
The data we obtain varies based on the Offerings you use. We obtain personal information through your interaction with the Offerings, such as when you:
- create an account in an Online Channel;
- register or apply to an ImagineTime partner program;
- sign up for an online program, event, seminar, promotion or sweepstakes;
- request products (including product evaluations, trials, tech preview and beta downloads), services or information;
- participate in ImagineTime events, surveys, questionnaires, research or evaluations; or
- correspond with us or request information from us.
The types of personal information we obtain include:
- contact information (such as name email address, telephone number, postal or other physical address) for you or for others (e.g., principals in your business or billing contacts);
- information used to create your online account (such as username and password);
- biographical and demographic information (such as gender, job title/position and occupation);
- business profile and practices information used to evaluate you as a partner;
- billing and financial information (such as name, billing address, payment card details and bank account information and purchase history);
- information you submit in connection with a career opportunity at ImagineTime, such as contact details, information in your résumé (including work history, education and language skills) and details about your current employment;
- location data (such as data derived from your IP address, country and zip code);
- the precise geolocation of your mobile device;
- personal information contained in forums, blogs, and testimonials you provide or that we obtain from publicly available sources (such as social media channels);
- information related to participation in classroom or online training, including programs completed and certifications achieved;
- information necessary to provide support or other paid consulting services (such as contact details, chat services, support details, and event history);
- personal information contained in content you submit to us (such as through our “Contact” feature or other in-product or in-service messaging); and
- other personal information we obtain through our Offerings.
Please note that providing personal information to us is voluntary on your part. If you choose not to provide us certain information, we may not be able to offer you certain products and services, and you may not be able to access certain features of the Online Channels.
How We Use Personal Information
We use the information we obtain to:
- provide and administer our products and services (including websites and apps for which you have registered);
- process and fulfill orders in connection with our products and services and keep you informed about the status of your order;
- help you complete a transaction or order and provide customer support;
- bill you for products and services you purchased;
- provide training, support and consulting services;
- manage career opportunities, including for recruitment purposes, employee onboarding and other Human Resources purposes;
- create and manage your account with ImagineTime;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (such as by administering, developing, enhancing and improving our products and services; managing our communications and customer relationships; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities);
- perform data analytics (such as research, trend analysis, financial analysis and customer segmentation);
- communicate with you about your account and orders (including sending emails relating to your registration, account status, order confirmations, renewal or expiration notices and other important information);
- conduct marketing and sales activities (including sending you promotional materials, generating leads, pursuing marketing prospects, performing market research, determining and managing the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing campaigns and managing our brand);
- communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, events, programs, promotions and surveys;
- connect employees with their enterprise account administrator;
- verify your identity and protect your account against unauthorized use or abuse of our services;
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities;
- comply with and enforce relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies;
- maintain and enhance the security of our Online Channels, products, services, network services, information resources and employees; and
- respond to your inquiries.
Depending on the purposes for which personal information is used, and the context in which the data is obtained, we may rely on one or more of the following legal bases:
- performance of a contract with you or a relevant party;
- our legitimate business interests;
- compliance with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise or defend legal claims; or
- your consent to the processing, which you can revoke at any time.
We may combine data collected from you with other sources to help us improve the accuracy of our marketing and communications as well as to help expand or tailor our interactions with you. This includes combining personal information we obtain through Online Channels with information we obtain through Offline Channels, as well as other information (such as referral programs), for the purposes described above. We may anonymize or aggregate personal information and use it for the purposes described above and for other purposes to the extent permitted by applicable law. We also may use personal information for additional purposes that we specify at the time of collection. We will obtain your consent for these additional uses to the extent required by applicable law.
Where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent for the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information about you except as described here or at the time of collection. ImagineTime may share personal data in the following ways:
- if sharing your data is necessary to provide a product, service or information you have requested;
- as part of a joint sales promotion or to pass sales leads to our business partners;
- to keep you up to date on the latest product announcements, software updates, special offers or other information we think you would like to hear from our business partners;
- for the purposes of validating employment, training completed, or product certifications achieved;
- to connect employees with their company administrator(s);
- with our customers to report and help manage issues requiring support or as part of consulting services;
- with our customers and partners to inform them about their users’ use of our services (such as when a user has obtained credentials or completed a course);
- with service providers we have engaged to perform services on our behalf (such as payment processing, order fulfillment, customer support, customer relations management and data analytics). These service providers are contractually required to safeguard the information provided to them and are restricted from using or disclosing such information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements;
- with approved ImagineTime partners, to offer and provide our products and services to you; and
We also may disclose personal information about you (1) if we are required or permitted to do so by applicable law, regulation or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), (2) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials to comply with a legitimate legal request, (3) when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss to ImagineTime, its users or the public as required or permitted by law, (4) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, and (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraud, illegal activity, security or technical issues.
In addition, we reserve the right to transfer to relevant third parties information we have about you in the event of a potential or actual sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation) or other business transaction.
We also may share the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent to the extent required by applicable law.
Your Rights and Choices
When you use our Online Channels, both we and certain third parties (such as our advertising networks, digital advertising partners and social media platforms) may collect personal information about your online activities, over time and across third-party websites. Certain web browsers allow you to instruct your browser to send Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals to websites you visit, informing those sites that you do not want your online activities to be tracked. While our Online Channels are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from web browsers, you can manage your cookie preferences and the choices you can make in connection with the personal information we collect about you through automated means by visiting our Cookie Consent Tool.
Where provided by law, you may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal information, and we will apply your preferences going forward. This will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your information based on your consent before its withdrawal.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards, consistent with legal requirements where the personal information was obtained, designed to protect against unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, use or disclosure of, or access to, the personal information provided to us through the Channels.
Retention of Personal Information
Children’s Personal Information
How to Contact Us
141 Laurel Hills Drive #2
Rutherfordton, North Carolina 28139